Coinbase, the world largest and most popular cryptocurrency exchange has now listed the Basic Attention Token (BAT) as a tradable asset. This is big news for the BAT token, as only 7 other cryptocurrencies are listed on the coinbase exchange for trading. Basic Attention Token joins Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (Eth), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Litecoin (LTC), Ethereum Classic (ETC), Ox (ZRX) and USD Coin (USDC) as the 8th cryptocurrency, out of over 2000, to gace the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange platform.
Coinbase announced the listing of the Basic Attention Token on their twitter page:
“Starting today, Coinbase supports the Basic Attention Token (BAT) at Coinbase.com and in the Coinbase Android and iOS apps. Coinbase customers can now buy, sell, send, receive, or store BAT, along with Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, ZRX and USDC.”
According to coinbase, the Basic Attention Token is now available for purchasing in most jurisdictions via the platform. However, residents of New York, United States will not be able to purchase the token.
Back in September of this year, coinbase made a public announcement that they would be strategically listing more crypto assets for trading on the platform but in a timely manner. So far, they are honored that promise by listing Ox and Basic Attention Token on the maga trading platform.
Basic Attention Token (BAT)
The aim of the Basic Attention Token is to efficiently and fairly harmonize the relationship between Users, Advertisers and Publishers through the use of the blockchain and a BAT network cryptocurrency token called BAT.
“Basic Attention Token radically improves the efficiency of digital advertising by creating a new token that can be exchanged between publishers, advertisers, and users. It all happens on the Ethereum blockchain.”
BAT is a Ethereum based ERC-20 token and can be used to variety of advertising and attention-based services on the Basic Attention Token platform, also know as Brave. Brave is an internet browser that rewards users for their attention and content creators for their published work. All activity on the Brave network can be tracked safely and accurately on the blockchain.
Other features of the Basic Attention Token network
- Open source
Problems that Basic Attention Token solves
Users are abused
- Up to 50% of the average user’s mobile data is for ads and trackers, costing as much as $23 a month.
- Ads use about 5 seconds of mobile load time on average.
- Ads decrease phone battery life by as much as 21%.
- Privacy is violated when large media sites host up to 70 trackers.
- Malware (malvertisements, random-ware) is up 132% in one year.
Publishers are hurting
- Google and Facebook take 73% of all ad dollars and 99% of all growth.
- Revenue is recently down 66%.
- Bots inflicted $7.2 billion in fraud last year.
- Over 600 million phones and desktops run ad-blocking.
- Publishers cannot seamlessly monetize value added services.
Advertisers are losing
- Advertisers lack good information on what they are paying for.
- Marketers are often fooled by bogus websites and bots that commit fraud.
- Target is poor, making users more likely to ignore ads.”
Please leave your comments and thoughts below.
Thanks for reading! you can find more posts from me at Cryptoporridge.com.